Welcome to the Year 6 Website page. In the future, we will be hoping to upload information and resources relevant to Year 6.
Due to the closure of schools, work has been sent home for the children to complete. If the closures persist past the Easter holidays, work will be uploaded on a regular basis to Google Classroom https://edu.google.com/products/classroom/?modal_active=none
Pupils will shortly, or will have received logins and passwords for the site, and have undertaken a lesson on how to access the work available to them.
If there are any problems with access, please could you e-mail either Mr Walters or Mr Steigenberger on the addresses below.
Hopefully, the use of Google Classroom for learning will be short lived, and we will see children back at school, as soon as possible.
With regard to associated work, we will be providing both a writing and mathematics journal, to be used to complete work.
It would be important whilst children are off school to maintain a regular routine, such as the one below:
9-10:30am English - Spelling/Handwriting/Writing/Reading
10:30am-10:45am Snack & Run around
10:45am-12pm Maths-Timetables fluency and worksheets
12-1pm Prepare, make and eat Lunch & outdoor play
- Completing any comprehension worksheets
- Date and title as normal
- Complete daily reading
- Fill in Reading Record
- Completing associated worksheets
- Either on worksheet (if able to print) or in exercise book (copied to best of ability)
- Spelling: focus for the week
- Copying out 8 lines of associated join
- Choose a join and copy out 8-10 lines in neatest handwriting
- Complete any Target Workbook sheets
- See below for projects
- Some additional evolution topics may be added to Google Classroom (link at top of page)